Laura Allen, M.A, ATR-BC
Laura Allen, M.A, ATR-BC brings more than 15 years of experience as a therapist to her role at Positively People. Laura’s work with adolescent, adult and geriatric patients and their families – and her research on family dynamics – has equipped her well for our focus on leadership and also family-held businesses. Laura brings a compassionate view with a clinician’s eye – and self-discipline – to her work with our clients.
As a consultant here, she focuses on leadership and team development, executive coaching, psychometric, personality and competency assessments, and leadership curriculum design and implementation.
- Hearts Mend Hearts-offered grief support to residents faced with the trauma of the Charleston AME church shooting
- Art of Recovery through the South Carolina Department of Mental Health during the Charleston Spoleto Arts Festival
- Red Cross Disaster Relief Volunteer for Hurricane Katrina and Rita
- Point of Hope Grief Counselor
- Big Brothers/ Big Sisters Mentor
Degrees and Certifications
- The Pennsylvania State University- B.A. of Psychology
- The George Washington University-M.A. of Art Therapy
- Board Certified Art Therapist
- Certified in Mindfulness-based Stress Reduction (MBSR-T)
- Certified in PXT Select Assessment Performance Model, Wiley Corporation
- Pending certification in Everything DiSC Behavioral Suite of Assessments, Wiley Corporation